Nutrients Action Programme (NAP) 2019-2022
On 11 April 2019 the new Nutrient Action Programme (NAP) Regulations were made for the period 2019-2022. The new Regulations replace the Nitrates Action Programme and Phosphorus Regulations 2015-2018. The NAP Regulations apply to all agriculture land in Northern Ireland.
Compliance with the NAP is one of the Cross Compliance Statutory Management Requirements. Therefore, farmers claiming Basic Payment Scheme and other direct payments are required to comply with the NAP Regulations. The measures relating to the Phosphorus Regulations are now included in the new NAP. This means that the Cross Compliance Verifiable Standards will now also apply to the land application of chemical phosphorus.
- Nutrients Action Programme 2019-2022 Guidance Booklet
- Summary Nutrient Action Programme 2019-2022 Regulations’ booklet
- NI SR 2019 81 - Nutrient Action Programme Regulations (Northern Ireland) 2019 Registered SR
- NI SR 2019 183 Nutrient Action Programme (Amendment) Regulation (Northern Ireland) 2019
- NI SR 2019 81 - Nutrient Action Programme Regulations (Northern Ireland) 2019 – Latest available (Revised) – Consolidated version
Nutrients Action Programme (NAP) Derogation 2019-2022
In 2019 Northern Ireland was successful in applying to the European Commission to renewal a Derogation from the Nitrates Directive permitting the land application of up to 250kg N per hectare per year from grazing livestock manure under certain conditions. This Derogation, for the period 2019 to 2022, is also implemented through the NAP Regulations.
- Nutrients Action Programme (NAP) Derogation Guidance Booklet 2019-2022
- Nutrients Action Programme (NAP) Derogation Fertilisation Plan 2019-2022
- Nutrients Action Programme (NAP) Derogation Fertilisation Account 2019-2022