DAERA has identified a number of topics (denoted with an asterisk) in the DAFM’s 2019 Competitive Call for Research Proposals that are open for collaborative proposals between RoI and NI research organisations. Building on the success of previous years, this year sees the widest range of topics within the broad areas of shared strategic relevance:
- Environment & Climate Smart Approaches to Agri-Food Systems
- Animal & Plant production, One-Health & Welfare
- Rural growth, Digitalization & the Bio-economy districts
In addition there are two topics under the Strategic Rapid Response Research theme which have been identified by DAERA as open to collaborative proposals:
- Renewing Rural Jobs, Agriculture & Forestry
- Forest Health Ash die-back
DAERA funds NI researchers in successful project applications with DAFM funding partnering research organisation based in the Republic of Ireland.
The DAERA / DAFM Competitive Research Call encourages applications that are:
- collaborative & inter-institutional
- address multiple research objectives
- involve an integrated holistic approach
- multidisciplinary involving a number of biosciences and
- contribute meaningfully to innovation
DAERA provides funding, subject to budget availability, to the Agri-Food and Biosciences Institute, Queen’s University Belfast and the Ulster University in successful projects in selected research areas within the call.
Application information can be obtained by clicking on the link below:
Note: Applications must be received by 1pm on Thursday 18 April 2019.
Intending applicants in these institutions requiring further information on this funding should contact Gabrielle Sharkey, Chief Scientific Adviser’s Office, email Gabrielle.Sharkey@daera-ni.gov.uk telephone 028 7744 2211