At the end of the transition period (31 December 2020) Northern Ireland must comply with EU rules on sanitary and phytosanitary eligible goods and animals trade in accordance with the terms of the Northern Ireland Protocol (The UK’s approach to the Northern Ireland Protocol, May 2020).
While DAERA has been working on a programme to deliver the requirements of these enhanced inspections, from 1 January interim measures will be in place for movement of goods and animals subject to these checks.
The following information will provide advice and guidance for moving consignments from GB to Northern Ireland only.
- Northern Ireland Trader Journey
- Pre-notification of the arrival of consignments at a Northern Ireland Point of Entry from GB
- Instructions for businesses pre-notifying the arrival of a consignment from GB
- Important information required on CHED Part 1 for GB to NI Movements from 1st January 2021
- Sanitary and Phytosanitary checks – advice for businesses moving consignments from GB
- Procedures and types of goods accepted at Northern Ireland Points of Entry