European Union (EU) countries and territories
|Bulgaria||Canary Islands||Ceuta||Cyprus (1)|
|Czech Republic||Denmark||Estonia||Faroe Islands|
(1) Dogs, cats and ferrets prepared for the Pet Travel Scheme in, or returning to the UK from the Republic of Cyprus, may enter or re-enter the UK without a blood test. However, animals travelling from north Cyprus (the area north of the Buffer Zone) must be blood sampled at least 30 days after vaccination against rabies and wait 3 months before travelling to the UK.
(2) Includes St Barthelemy and St Martin (French part of the island)
There are no requirements for pets travelling directly between the UK and either the Channel Islands or the Isle of Man. Owners of pets entering the Channel Islands, Isle of Man or the Republic of Ireland from outside the UK should contact the appropriate authorities in those countries for advice on approved routes and any other requirements.
|Andorra||Antigua and Barbuda||Argentina||Aruba|
|Ascension Island||Australia (1)||Bahrain||Barbados|
|Belarus||Bermuda||BES Islands(Bonair, Saint Eustatius and Saba)(6)||Bosnia-Herzegovina|
|British Virgin Islands||Canada||Cayman Islands||Chile|
|Croatia||Curacao (5)||Falkland Islands||Fiji|
|French Polynesia||Guam||Hawaii||Hong Kong|
|Monaco||Montserrat||New Caledonia||New Zealand|
|Norway||Russian Federation (3)||Saint Maarten (6)||San Marino|
|Singapore||St Helena||St Kitts and Nevis||St Lucia|
|St Pierre and Miquelon||St Vincent and the Grenadines||Switzerland||Taiwan|
|Trinidad and Tobago||United Arab Emirates (5)||USA (7)||Vanautu|
|Vatican||Wallis and Futuna|
(1) Cats from Australia are prohibited from entering the UK unless they are accompanied by a certificate from the Australian Veterinary Authorities confirming that they have not been on a holding where Hendra virus has been confirmed during the 60 days prior to export.
(2) Although Jamaica is a qualifying country under the EU Regulation, Jamaican law currently prevents the involvement of that country in the Pet Travel Scheme. Animals prepared for the Scheme may not enter Jamaica and animals may not be prepared for the Pet Travel Scheme in Jamaica.
(3) The Russian Federation consists of 88 subjects (regions). Please note that the following Republics are not part of the Russian Federation: Moldova, Georgia, Ukraine, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan and Tajikistan.
(4) The import into UK quarantine of dogs and cats from Malaysia (Peninsula) is prohibited unless health certification provided by the Malaysian veterinary authorities is provided which confirms that the cat or dog:
- has had no contact with pigs during at least the 60 days prior to export
- has not been resident on holdings where during the past 60 days any case of Nipah disease has been confirmed
- has been subjected with a negative result to an IgC capture ELISA test carried out in a laboratory approved for testing for antibody against the Nipah disease viruses by the competent veterinary authorities on a sample of blood taken within 10 days of export
In order to enquire about arrangements for the test to be carried out and obtaining the health certification, you will need to contact the Malaysian veterinary authorities on 006 03 88702000. The original health certification must accompany the dog/cat to the UK and be handed to the authorised carrying agent nominated to collect the dog/cat from the port/airport of landing in the UK.
(5) The UAE consists of the following states Abu Dhabi, Dubai, Al Sharjah, Ras Al Khaimah, Ajman, Umm Al Quwain, and Al Fujairah.
(6) Formally known as the Netherland Antilles. The BES Islands are Bonair, Saint Eustatius and Saba.
(7) The mainland United States of America as well as American Samoa, Guam, Northern Mariana Islands, Puerto Rico and the US Virgin Islands.
An unlisted country is any country not listed in the list of EU or non-EU countries.
These countries have not applied or been accepted for listed status because of less robust veterinary or administrative systems or higher rabies incidence. The rules for how to bring your pet into or back into the UK are different for unlisted countries than they are for EU member states and listed countries.