Tier 1 Tranche 3 Explanatory Booklet
A Tier 1 Tranche 3 Explanatory Booklet has been made available to assist in preparing applications:
Tier 1 Tranche 3 Application Form and Guidance
The Tier 1 Tranche 3 application form is available through the following link:
Guidance for completing the online application form is available here:
Tier 1 Tranche 3 Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
A list of FAQs for Tier 1 Tranche 3 is available here:
Tier 1 Tranche 3 Reference priced list of eligible items
Applicants are required to select items from a Tier 1 Tranche 3 reference priced list of eligible items:
Tier 1 Tranche 3 Fencing Specification and Installation Guidelines
Guidance on Tier 1 Tranche 3 fencing specification and installation is available at the link below:
Possession of a valid DAERA Category 1 Farm Business ID
A Category 1 Farm Business ID is required for all applicants to the FBIS Capital Scheme. Further information and details on how to apply for a DAERA Farm Business ID can be found at the link below:
Completion of farm safety training and assessment certificate through the ‘Making it Safer’ risk assessment and load to application system
All applicants to the Scheme must complete the FarmSafeNet ‘Making it Safer’ risk assessment where the applicant will be required to answer questions relating to their own farm on Slurry, Animals, Falls and Equipment (SAFE).
Please note that the FarmSafeNet ‘Making it Safer’ risk assessment must have been completed on or after 30 September 2020.
This is an online tool and it is available from the link below. A certificate will be issued on completion.
Applicants will need to save this digital certificate (to a computer rather than a mobile device) as it will need to be electronically uploaded as part of the online application process. The DAERA Farm Business Identification number entered on to the certificate will be checked against the Farm Business Identification number on the FBIS Capital Scheme application form.
You will need your DAERA Category 1 Farm Business Identification Number in order to complete your Making It Safer risk assessment.
It is also recommended that applicants complete the ‘FarmSafeNet’ Health and Safety awareness training prior to completing their ‘Making It Safer’ risk assessment.
Tier 1 Tranche 3 Educational Attainment – Level II Eligible Qualifications
The College of Agriculture, Food and Rural Enterprise (CAFRE) has compiled a list of qualifications eligible to attract marks under the 'Educational Attainment' selection criterion for the Farm Business Improvement Scheme – Capital (FBIS - C). Applicants can check this list to verify if qualifications they hold will be accepted by DAERA for the purposes of their application.
A list of eligible qualifications under the 'Educational Attainment' selection criterion for the FBIS - C can be found at the link below:
Tier 1 Tranche 3 Indication of Support letter from Bank/lending institution
An Indication of Support letter will be required at application stage for the FBIS-C Tier 1 Tranche 3. All applicants must provide a template letter that has been completed by their bank or lending institution before they make an application for grant support.
Please note that the Indication of Support Letter must have been completed on or after 30 September 2020.
This letter, referred to as an Indication of Support Letter, is designed to encourage applicants to carefully consider the needs and circumstances of their farm business before proceeding with a project and will confirm that the applicant has access to funds to complete their project.
Applicants do not actually have to borrow the funds from a bank or lending institution. However, should you decide to proceed with an application, the letter will provide reassurance to the applicant, the financial institution and DAERA that the applicant will be able to access the funds necessary to finance and complete the proposed investment, including VAT, until the applicant is reimbursed for the grant assistance towards eligible expenditure at the end of the project.
The bank letter template, DAERA FBIS-Capital Indication of Support, should be used by the applicant, if you bank with one of the main financial institutions. However, banks and lending institutions may choose to use an alternative letter format which will be accepted, provided equivalent information is contained within the letter.
If the financial institution that the applicant banks with wishes to provide a letter that is not in the above format, then it must include the following information as a minimum:
- Name, address of client and six digit DAERA Category 1 Farm Business ID number (to be used by DAERA to cross reference the application);
- Confirmation that the client has managed their account effectively and/or complied with the terms and conditions of the account;
- Future funding requirements of the client have been discussed in relation to purchase of items under the Farm Business Improvement Scheme – Capital;
- Confirmation that, at present, the client has access to sufficient funds, or could have access to sufficient funds, to purchase equipment (including VAT) under the Scheme – prior to a grant being paid by DAERA (should the client be successful in obtaining a Letter of Offer of funding).
- Signed by and dated by an authorised representative of the bank/lending institution.
If the applicant is provided with a letter from the financial institution with the information, as set out in points one to four above, this will suffice and it can be attached to the application for FBIS - C in the usual way.
The bank/lending institution letter does not have to be in the name of the applicant but must be in the name of a person named on the DAERA Category 1 Farm Business Identification Number.
Applicants should contact their bank/lending institution at the earliest opportunity to ensure any Indication of Support Letter that their bank/lending institution is prepared to provide, is available to be included with the application prior to the closing date of the Scheme.
Tier 1 Tranche 3 Documentation required at Letter of Offer Stage
The following documentation will be required at Letter of Offer acceptance stage:
- Proof of age (if applicant is 40 years old or under). For Tier 1 Tranche 3, selection criteria marks are available for applicants aged 40 years or less on or after 31 October 2020. Note the applicant must be named under the DAERA Farm Business Identification Number. Acceptable proof includes birth certificate, passport or driving license. A copy of the document showing proof of age may be uploaded with the online application. The original document must be made available for inspection when requested.
- Proof of educational attainment. For Tier 1 Tranche 3, proof of educational attainment will be required at Letter of Offer acceptance stage for applicants seeking marks under this selection criterion. This criterion applies to all ages of applicants and not just those under 40. The education received must be at Level 2 or above in agriculture or horticulture. A copy of the document showing proof of educational attainment may be uploaded with the online application. The original document must be made available for inspection when requested.