The Fishing Industry Task Force produced an interim report in December 2014.
Reports of meetings
The Fishing Industry Task Force publishes reports of meetings.
Implementing the landings obligation
The landing obligation, often referred to as the discard ban, is a ban on discarding fish which are subject to catch limits, so that all catches must be brought ashore, except where they are subject to specific exemptions. This means that quotas now control what is caught at sea, rather than what is landed onshore.
- Discard Atlas of the North Western Waters Demersal Fisheries
- Landings Obligation, Economic Impact Assessment
- North West Waters Pelagic Paper
- Update on Northern Ireland trawl gear and selectivity course
- Seafish project update
- Selective fishing gear studies: multi-rig trawls
- A comparison of the quad-rig and twin-rig trawl in the nephrops fishery
Fishing opportunities are made up the amount of fish the fleet can catch, the Total Allowable Catch (TAC), and the amount of time the fleet can spend fishing, the fishing effort.
- Impact of the December fisheries council on fishing opportunities for the Northern Ireland fishing fleet in 2016