- Information must be unique to the mode of transport. This may be a vehicle registration number, trailer number or container number. In order to facilitate checks and reduce the likelihood of delays, the trailer number must be recorded where possible.
- The Goods Movement Reference (GMR) from your customs declaration should also be supplied, if available.
- In addition where a seal has been put in place the seal number must be recorded.
Please note if information is not notified as illustrated in this guidance this may result in additional checks on your goods at the point of entry and delay the movement of the goods through the point of entry in NI.
This guidance is for GB to NI movements only.
Guidance on how and where to record this information is shown below.
1. Expected date and time of arrival of SPS consignment at Northern Ireland Point of Entry
Section I.10 Prior Notification must include the data and time of the expected arrival of the SPS consignment at the Northern Ireland Point of Entry.
- Enter the expected date and time of expected arrival of consignment in NI.
- Note – this is not the date and time of prior notification entered on TRACES NT
2. Transporting SPS goods by lorry or trailer (via ferry to Port)
Section I.13 Mode of Transport must include the vehicle registration/trailer number.
- Select road vehicle and record the registration number and trailer number, where possible.
- If unaccompanied trailer enter the trailer number in the vehicle registration box.
- Also enter the GMR, if available, in the International transport document box.
Please note that whilst the identification of the means of transport is not currently required on CHED-PP this information must now be included on all CHED-PPs moving goods from GB to NI from 01 January 2021.
Where a seal has been used section I.17 must show the seal number. Record the official seal number as indicated in the official certificate and tick the ‘official seal’ box (outlined in red below). For other seal(s) – indicate the seal number as mentioned in the accompanying documents.
3. Transporting SPS goods by container
Complete Section I.13 Mode of Transport as follows:
- Select Road Vehicle and record the Vehicle registration number and trailer number or container number if unaccompanied on arrival, where possible.
- Enter the GMR, if available, in the International transport document box
- Next select vessel and enter ferry details
In Section I.17 Container No/Seal No.
- Enter the container number.
- Where a seal has been used record the official seal number as indicated in the official certificate and tick the ‘official seal’ box (outlined in red below).
- For other seal(s) – indicate the seal number as mentioned in the accompanying documents.