The factors which have initiated this review include:
- The ability of disabled anglers to open and close 2 sets of heavy gates to access the disabled car park
- The distance disabled anglers must walk from the car park to the water
- The distance from the fishing bank to the water
- The lack of disabled angling facilities including fishing stands and appropriate pathways etc
- Ongoing fly tipping and anti-social behaviour at the site
Anglers are advised that the Department has developed facilities which are more suitable for disabled anglers at nearby PAE waters North Woodburn and Copeland (Marshallstown). Features of these waters include:
- Disabled angling stands
- Angling water close to car park
- Suitable pathways for disabled anglers
- No locked gates to open
Legal methods at both these waters include spinning and bait fishing.
As part of the review the Department will consult with anglers who have applied for a key to the Middle South car park and with previous key holders.