Like all Government Departments across the Northern Ireland Civil Service (NICS), DAERA is preparing for EU Exit and the possible impact it may have on the Agri-food industry and the environment.
These pages will provide you with relevant and timely information, as well as linking to other useful sources of Brexit related material.
Citizens & business preparedness questions & answers
A series of questions & answers across a range of DAERA Business Areas have been developed to help businesses and individuals prepare for EU Exit.
Should you need to contact DAERA with Brexit related issues in the event of a No Deal EU Exit, you should contact the appropriate Business Area using DAERA helpline numbers linked below. Your call will be managed and you will be put in contact with the appropriate member of DAERA staff.
Alternatively, you can contact the DAERA Brexit Communications Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Latest DAERA Brexit news
- Guidance for horse owners who may wish to move horses to the ROI or another EU Member State in the event that the UK leaves the EU without a deal - published 10 September 2019
- DAERA import guidance for Northern Ireland after EU exit - 30 August 2019
- PM's speech on new Brexit deal - 21 May 2019
- Funding of the NI Rural Development Programme 2014-2020 post EU Exit – Guidance for Beneficiaries - 21 May 2019
- Joint Communiqué of the British-Irish Intergovernmental Conference - 8 May 2019
- Inter-Ministerial Group for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (IMG EFRA) Communiqué - 29 April 2019
- European Council Decision taken in Agreement with the United Kingdom extending the period under Article 50 – published 11 April 2019
- Fluorinated Greenhouse Gases and Ozone Depleting Substances - updated 12 April 2019
- Preparing the NI Fishing and Seafood Sector for Day 1 EU Exit - published 10 April 2019
- UK listed status application approved to assure animal and animal product movements in a No Deal Brexit - published 10 April 2019
- Questions and answers for exporters of products of animal origin (POAO) in the event of a no deal Brexit - updated 4 April 2019
- Pet travel to Europe after EU Exit - published 3 April 2019
- Seed and ware potato trade with the EU in the event of an EU exit 'No Deal' - published 1 April 2019
- Inter Ministerial Group for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (IMG EFRA) Communiqué - published 29 March 2019
- EU Exit No Deal - questions and answers in relation to plant and plant products imports and exports - published 28 March 2019
- Equine event guidance where EU (ROI) participation after a no deal EU exit is anticipated - published 25 March 2019
- EU exit and moving equines - published 6 March 2019
- Transporting Live Animals to the EU after EU Exit - published 28 February 2019
- Plant Health update - published 22 February 2019