Animal Health Regulation: Live webinars with expert panel
The EU is making changes to its animal health laws, therefore Export Health Certificates (EHCs) and the Notes for Guidance used to move goods to Northern Ireland or export to the EU need to be updated. EHCs for composite products changed in April, and a small number of new EHCs were introduced at that time as well. The remaining new EHCs for all products of animal origin, live animals and germinal products will need to be used from 21 August 2021. Current EHCs signed before 21 August may be used until October for goods on route to the EU.
From 30 June 2021, Defra published 40 EHCs on form finder. Further EHCs will be available from 29 July 2021.
Defra held webinars with an expert panel in July 2021 to answer questions on the new EHCs for fish, equines, meat and Products of Animal Origin (POAO) and Germinal Products.
The slides and narrative from these webinars include information on the new fish, meat, POAO and germinal products EHCS are available below:
Further webinar to be held on AHR EHCs
Defra will be holding a further webinar for traders with a panel of experts to answer your questions on the new Animal Health Regulation (AHR) Export Health Certificates (EHCs).
Please register for webinar below:
Title of webinar
Who should attend?
AHR trader webinar – live animals (including poultry) and other previously published AHR EHCs
Panel of experts from Defra and APHA will answer traders’ questions on the new AHR EHCs for live animals which include poultry. It will also cover other AHR EHCs that we have previously published
Traders exporting to the EU and/or moving to NI
Wednesday 4 August, 11-12 am
Instructions for registering for the webinar:
- To join the webinar, simply select the link in the ‘Register here’ column;
- Once selected, you will be asked to confirm your name, email address, and organisation;
- This will register you for the webinar for the live Q&A with our expert panel;
- Once registered, you will receive a confirmation email that will include a link to add the webinar to your calendar;
- You do not need to download any software to access the webinar, the link will open in your browser (Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge etc.);
- Please join the webinar 5 minutes before the start time.
Further information on Animal Health Regulation can be found here.
If you have any questions about the webinars please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Invest NI – EU Exit Events (2021)
Access Invest NI’s latest EU Exit news, expert guides, detailed webinars, specialist advice clinics and a useful 10 step EU Exit checklist here.
Previous webinar events
- TSS - Movement of Live Animals GB-NI Webinar (Wednesday 9 June 2021)
- Defra’s Question and Answer (Q&A) Live Session for Hospitality Sector Traders
- Defra - Developing the Digital Assistance Scheme (DAS) – API Forum events held in April 2021
- Defra - Changes to the rules for movement of composite products from GB to NI/EU from 21 April 2021
- Defra - Rules of Origin webinars (February and March 2021)
- Invest NI EU Exit webinars – video tutorials
- Belfast City Council – Navigating EU Exit for small Belfast based business (Friday 26 March)
- Department for the Economy - Chemicals Stakeholder Event (10 March 2021)
- CAFRE – EU Exit and the impact on NI Food Products – Event slides (28/01/2021)
- Department for the Economy (DfE) - EU Exit webinar on Northern Ireland Protocol with HMRC and Defra - event recording (11 January 2021)
- Department for the Economy - Chemicals Stakeholder Event (21 December 2020)
- DAERA Event - TRACES.NT Training for Businesses (video)
DAERA’s EU Exit Events November 2020 – January 2021
The Department of Agriculture, Environment and Rural Affairs (DAERA) encouraged businesses to take part in the Department’s online EU Exit events during November 2020, December 2020 and January 2021, where information and guidance was provided to help businesses prepare for the end of the transition period and navigate the new rules from 1st January 2021.
- EU Exit Stakeholder Event 7 January 2021 - Presentation Slidepack
- EU Exit Stakeholder Event 15 December 2020 - Presentation Slidepack
- EU Exit Stakeholder Event 8 December 2020 - Presentation Slidepack
- EU Exit Stakeholder Event 23 November 2020 - Presentation Slidepack