The Department of Agriculture, Environment and Rural Affairs (DAERA) will issue an inventory card to all sheep and goat keepers.
The completion of an inventory is required by law and you are required to provide details of sheep and goats on your holding. Keepers must complete their card between 1 and 5 December 2016 and return it by 5 January 2017 in the enclosed pre-paid envelope, or enter the details online.
Keepers must also record the details of the inventory in your on-farm Flock / Herd Register. Failure to do so may result in a financial penalty being applied to your direct agricultural support payment including Basic Payment, if your flock or herd is selected for a Cross-Compliance or Sheep / Goats’ Identification Inspection.
If you keep both sheep and goats, you must complete a separate inventory card for each species.
Please tick the box provided in section 1 if you no longer keep sheep or goats. You should only tick this box if you do not intend to keep sheep or goats in the future.
If you currently have no sheep or goats, please enter a zero in the total box in section 2.
Please contact your local DAERA Direct Office, telephone 0300 200 7840, with any queries you may have about your inventory.
Notes to editors:
- Flock keepers are obliged under the 'Sheep and Goats (Records, Identification and Movement) Order (NI) 2009' to communicate annually to DARD the total numbers of animals on the holding including the categories to which they belong, the occupation of the flock keeper and type of production.
- Follow us on Twitter: @daera_ni
- All media enquiries to DAERA Press Office, firstname.lastname@example.org or tel: 028 9052 4619.
- Payment claims for EFS must be made on Single Application 03 April 2020
- Right waste, right place - essential during Covid-19 crisis 03 April 2020
- Poots announces £1.5m support package for fishing industry 03 April 2020
- DAERA Minister urges halt to prescribed fires to aid stretched emergency services 02 April 2020