Today at Craigavon Magistrates Court, Mr. Liviu Vale (50) of Jervis Street, Portadown pleaded guilty to two breaches of the Fisheries Act (Northern Ireland) 1966 and was given a 12 month conditional discharge.
On the 30 March 2019 Fisheries Protection Officers from DAERA Inland Fisheries were on routine patrol on the River Bann at Portadown when they detected Liviu Vale who had in his possession 10 coarse fish which exceeded the daily bag limit of four. Liviu Vale also had one brown trout of unlawful capture as he hadn’t the appropriate game license required. All illegally caught fish were seized on detection.
The outcome in this case demonstrates the commitment of DAERA Inland Fisheries enforcement staff in pursuing those who have a detrimental effect on fish stocks.
Notes to editors:
- Follow DAERA on Twitter and Facebook.
- All media queries should be directed to the DAERA Press Office on 028 9052 4619 or via email. Out of office hours please contact the duty press officer on 028 9037 8110.
- Options available under DAERA’s Environmental Farming Scheme (Wider) 20 August 2019
- Better Farm Beef Challenge NI Autumn Walks 20 August 2019
- Belfast man given £7,500 fine and suspended sentence for waste offences 20 August 2019
- A slice of ‘American Pie’ for Claire! 20 August 2019