CAFRE will hold two dry stone walling training events on Friday 6 September 2019 and Saturday 14 September 2019 (start time: 10.00 am) at CAFRE’s Greenmount Hill Farm, Glenwherry.
The courses will give participants the skills and knowledge to repair and maintain dry stone walls to:
- be stock-proof;
- maintain biosecurity with neighbouring farms;
- comply with EFS and NICMS Agri-environment Scheme requirements; and
- be of a type and style used in that locality.
Each training course will take place for one day and will include both a classroom session and on site practical. Course content will include health & safety, types and styles of dry stone wall, site preparation, stone selection and wall building.
Participants are asked to bring strong work gloves, steel toe-capped boots, warm outdoor clothing and a packed lunch/drinks. Safety spectacles may also be required.
If you would like to enrol for one of the Dry Stone Walling training events in the Agri-Environment section, please visit the CAFRE website or telephone CAFRE admin on 028 9442 6880.
Notes to editors:
- Follow DAERA on Twitter and Facebook.
- All media enquiries to DAERA Press Office or tel: 028 9052 4619.
- Advice on completing Online Single Application 2020 26 February 2020
- Cereal Business Development Group get update on crop nutrition 26 February 2020
- Poots welcomes Coca-Cola Hellenic Bottling Company’s commitment to reducing CO2 emissions 25 February 2020
- Poots announces £2.2million for environmental projects from carrier bag levy money 25 February 2020