The Department of Agriculture, Environment and Rural Affairs (DAERA) has announced the exchange rate to be used to calculate 2019 Direct Payments and the Young Farmers’ Payment rate.
Sterling payments for the Direct Payments (Basic Payment Scheme, Greening Payment and Young Farmers’ Payment) will be made using the exchange rate of €1 = £0.89092. On the basis of the new rate, it is estimated that the total net value of 2019 Direct Payments to local farmers will be reduced by £0.61 million compared to 2018.
Direct Payments are set in euro and converted to sterling each year using the exchange rate calculated in accordance with the EU regulations. In 2019, the rate is the average market rate for the month of September according to the European Central Bank.
The 2019 Young Farmers’ Payment will be paid at the rate of £44.68 per hectare. Young Farmers’ Payment is made on a per hectare basis up to a limit to 90 hectares.
Notes to editors:
1. The exchange rate for 2019 was announced on 30 September 2019 and will be published in the Official Journal of the European Union.
2. The exchange rate for 2018 was €1 = £0.89281.
3. Direct Payments in the UK are paid in sterling except where the farmer elects for payment in euro by the deadline for submission of Single Applications.
4. Payments will be made in the chosen currency by electronic transfer into the farm business bank account.
5. Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.
6. All media queries should be directed to the DAERA Press Office on 028 9052 4619 or via email: email@example.com. Out of office hours please contact the duty press officer on 028 9037 8110.
- Inter Ministerial Group for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (IMG EFRA) 24 January 2020
- A timely reminder of changes to record keeping for High Phosphorous poultry manure 23 January 2020
- Northern Ireland Greenhouse Gas Projection Statistics Released 23 January 2020
- Minister Poots extends closing date to Business Development Groups Scheme 22 January 2020