The College Advisory Group (CAG) provides advice on strategic and operational issues to the College of Agriculture, Food and Rural Enterprise (CAFRE) management team. The Group has 12 members and it is currently chaired by Dr Mike Johnston of Dairy UK. CAG has expertise across all sectors of the agri-food industry and there are now four positions where new members are required from 1 January 2020. These positions are in the areas of International Relations, Environment in the Supply Chain, Production Horticulture and Equine.
The College Advisory Group has been providing advice to CAFRE for over 10 years. College Director, Martin McKendry recently said: “At CAFRE we aim to develop and deliver programmes of education and knowledge transfer which provide the local agri-food industry with a skilled workforce. CAG has provided advice on a wide range of issues which have helped the CAFRE Management Team make strategic decisions about programme delivery and capital investment projects at each campus.
“I would like to thank the outgoing members for their valuable contribution to the Group and I look forward to welcoming four new members in the New Year who will help the College respond to the current and future needs of the industry.”
The Group meets up to a maximum of six times per year across CAFRE’s campuses which are situated in Antrim, Cookstown and Enniskillen. Applicants must have recent experience and knowledge of the sector they wish to represent.
The posts are advertised in the local press and on the DAERA website. For further information and an application form, please go to the DAERA website or write to: Richard McCreedy, Room 516A, Dundonald House, Upper Newtownards Road, Belfast, BT4 3SB, Tel: (028) 9052 0889, Text relay 18001 08290520889 for deaf and hard of hearing users or email: email@example.com
The closing date for applications is 4.00 pm on Friday 27 September 2019.
Notes to editors:
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.
- All media queries should be directed to the DAERA Press Office on 028 9052 4619 or via email. Out of office hours please contact the duty press officer on 028 9037 8110.
- NI beef farmers granted access to US market for first time in 20 years 17 September 2020
- Poots encourages eligible farm businesses to apply for Covid-19 support fund 16 September 2020
- ‘The science of Ammonia’ – DAERA launches three online seminars 15 September 2020
- August stocking of Departmental waters 14 September 2020