The Department of Agriculture, Environment and Rural Affairs (DAERA) today launched a competition to appoint seven members to a new body, the Tuberculosis Eradication Partnership (TBEP), with effect from 1 April 2018.
The Chief Veterinary, Officer Robert Huey, outlining the remit of the new body said: “The TBEP will be a DAERA sponsored Expert Advisory Body. Given the range of positions to be filled and the need to achieve a balance of skills and backgrounds represented on the new Partnership, the Department has identified a need for members with a wide range of backgrounds and experiences relevant to driving forward the eradication of bovine TB in Northern Ireland.”
- A chairperson with proven leadership and inter-personal skills to undertake this role;
- Two representatives of the Northern Ireland farming community;
- A representative of the Northern Ireland processing sector;
- A representative of nature conservation issues;
- A person with a recognised qualification and experience as a veterinarian delivering services to the farming industry in Northern Ireland;
- A person with an appropriate scientific background relevant to bovine TB.
Mr Huey said DAERA wished to see a pool of applicants that reflected the diversity of Northern Ireland’s communities. He strongly encouraged everyone with the relevant skills and experience to consider applying for the position of Partnership Chair, Partnership Member, or both, as outlined in the Candidate Information Booklet and application form. In particular, the Department would welcome applications from women as they are currently under-represented on public bodies in Northern Ireland.
DAERA is committed to the principles of public appointments based on merit with independent assessment, openness and transparency of process, and is committed to providing equality of opportunity and welcomes applications regardless of gender, age, marital status, disability, religion, ethnic origin, political opinion, sexual orientation or whether or not you have dependants.
Full details of the role and remit of the TBEP, including information about the skills and experience required, remuneration etc. are outlined in a Candidate Information Booklet available on the DAERA website and nidirect website along with an Application Form.
The documents can also be obtained via the following contact points:
Telephone: 028 9052 4828
The deadline for receipt of applications is 2:00pm on Friday 26 January 2018.
Notes to editors:
- The new TB Eradication partnership is the Primary Tier of new governance arrangements being put in place to provide expert oversight of a new Strategy to drive forward the eradication of bovine Tuberculosis in Northern Ireland. In addition three sub-regional boards are being proposed which will be involved in the operational planning of the bTB programme and ad hoc local Disease Response Teams which will be set up in the event of severe bTB outbreaks.
- The TB Eradication Partnership will comprise a Chairperson, and six Members, who will be appointed by the Department of Agriculture, Environment and Rural Affairs.
- The TBEP is being established to work with the Department in considering the feedback from a consultation on the development of a comprehensive bTB Eradication Strategy, and driving that strategy forward.
- A Consultation on a new bTB Eradication Strategy was launched on 30 November 2017 and runs until 1 February 2018, and can be found on the DAERA website.
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.
- All media queries should be directed to the DAERA Press Office on 028 9052 4619 or email DAERA Press Office. Out of office hours please contact the duty press officer via pager number 07623 974383 and your call will be returned.
- Ballymena Livestock Market raises awareness of Farm Health & Safety 19 January 2018
- Monaghan man fined £2,000 for Armagh waste sites 19 January 2018
- Nitrates Derogation – Five questions you need to consider 18 January 2018
- NIEA extends the online submission of manure export forms to 1 March 2018 18 January 2018