Enniskillen Magistrates' Court has granted an order to allow the destruction and disposal of fishing equipment used illegally on waterways.
In total, 200 yards of illegal monofilament net, was seized on Lough Erne Co Fermanagh.
After the granting of the forfeiture order on Wednesday 12 February 2020, DAERA officials said that the outcome in the case was a clear demonstration of the commitment of Inland Fisheries staff in pursuing those who use illegal fishing methods and how they have a detrimental impact on fishing stocks.
Notes to editors:
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook at http://twitter.com/daera_ni and http://www.facebook.com/daerani.gov.uk
- All media queries should be directed to the DAERA Press Office on 028 9052 4619 or via email to email@example.com. Out of office hours, please contact the duty press officer on 028 9037 8110.
- MINISTER PAUSES ALL ROUTINE DAERA INSPECTIONS 06 April 2020
- Payment claims for EFS must be made on Single Application 03 April 2020
- Right waste, right place - essential during Covid-19 crisis 03 April 2020
- Poots announces £1.5m support package for fishing industry 03 April 2020