Students at CAFRE Enniskillen Campus were recently awarded bursaries from various equine businesses and organisations.
These organisations assist students directly by providing up to £1,000 and the students are chosen by submitting an assignment, a CV or attending an interview.
Megan Norton, a final year student on the Foundation Degree in Equine Management was the worthy recipient of the Horse Sport Ireland bursary. In order to win this bursary Megan had to produce a marketing plan. The aim was to produce social media posts including pictures and videos and a written marketing strategy for an upcoming Sport Horse event.
Megan is from Greenisland and regularly competes in Working Hunter and other disciplines outside of college. Megan has a keen interest in nutrition and hopes to pursue this as a future career. She hopes that this bursary will help her to widen her knowledge of the equine industry worldwide.
CAFRE’s Enniskillen Campus is pleased to have this partnership with such an important organisation for the Sport Horse Industry.
For further information on the equine courses offered at Enniskillen Campus, check out the CAFRE website or follow us at DiscoverCAFRE on Facebook and Instagram.
Notes to editors:
- Follow DAERA on Twitter and Facebook.
- All media enquiries to DAERA Press Office or tel: 028 9052 4619.
- Top tips for managing your EFS agreement and claim 15 October 2019
- Lough Neagh fishermen fined for breaching Fisheries Act 15 October 2019
- Unlock your herd’s potential – Dairy Conference 2019 15 October 2019
- Advance Direct Payments to commence 15 October 2019