The College of Agriculture, Food and Rural Enterprise (CAFRE), in conjunction with the Institution of Agricultural Engineers, (IAgrE), are hosting a guest lecture on Monday 22 October 2018 in Greenmount Campus. The lecture, starting at 7:00pm, will take place in the Conference Hall and will be given by Professor Jane Rickson on the topic of Innovations in Soil and Water Engineering.
Professor Rickson is Professor of Soil Erosion and Conservation at Cranfield University’s Soil and Agrifood Institute and is the current President of the Institute of Agriculture Engineering, (IAgrE). Her work involves research for government and private sector clients on soil degradation, loss of ecosystem goods and services and soil conservation. In addition, Professor Rickson has over 30 years’ experience of research, consultancy and teaching in soil and water engineering, with particular focus on sustainable land management practices. She also specialises in agricultural and bio systems engineering at MSc and PhD level.
Prior to the lecture taking place, Alistair Taylor CEO of IAgrE will host an information session from 4:00pm to 5:00pm, also in the Conference Hall, Greenmount Campus for anyone interested in either joining or learning more about the Institute.
This should prove to be an interesting and informative event. To register your attendance at the either the lecture or the information session, please contact Richard McCreedy on 028 9052 0889 or by email: email@example.com.
Notes to editors:
- Follow DAERA on Twitter and Facebook.
- All media enquiries to DAERA Press Office or tel: 028 9052 4619.
- Preparing for calving with North Tyrone Business Development Group 22 March 2019
- Tyrone Farming Society award bursary to CAFRE equine student 20 March 2019
- Larne landscaper to compete in Russia 19 March 2019
- Rodenticide training - courses available at CAFRE 19 March 2019