If you are getting your results over the next few days and thinking about your future, this is the perfect time to check out what Loughry Campus, College of Agriculture, Food and Rural Enterprise (CAFRE), has to offer at its Careers Advice Event on Thursday 24 August from 3pm to 8pm.
The Careers Advice Evening is great opportunity to find out more about Loughry’s courses and campus facilities. Time and time again, Loughry Campus has proven itself as a route to a very successful career in food. Its students get some nice surprises along the way too, for example low course tuition fees, affordable accommodation, first class teaching facilities and an excellent range of career opportunities both at home and abroad.
In extending an invitation to the Careers Advice Evening, Derek McDowell, Head of Food Technology Education said: “The Northern Ireland food and drink industry is a vibrant, progressive sector. It is our largest manufacturing sector and its continual growth needs creative, motivated and talented graduates who can deliver success. Loughry graduates are in high demand, largely due to the practical nature of our courses and the fact they are taught in world class facilities – right on your doorstep.”
Loughry offers courses in Food Technology, Food, Nutrition and Health, Food Business Management, Food Design and Nutrition and in Business for Agriculture, Food and Rural Enterprise. The courses are offered on a full and part-time basis and are available at a range of levels from National Diploma, suitable for students with GCSE’s to BSc. (Hons) and Masters Degree and a clear progression route along the way.
Facilities at Loughry are second to none and during the Careers Advice Event, visitors can find out more about entry requirements, accommodation on site and funding for your studies, which includes a number of generous bursaries from local businesses.
If you want to find out more about what Loughry has to offer, then come along to the Careers Advice Event on August 24 between 3.00pm to 8.00pm and get a taste of campus life. For more information on any of our courses or facilities, freephone 0800 0284291 or visit the CAFRE website.
Notes to editors:
- Photo Caption: Mid-Ulster Success - Degrees on their doorstep Pictured from left to right. Mid-Ulster Honours Degree graduates Rachel McKinney, Tobermore; Lisa Montgomery, Dungannon; Emma Weir, Magherafelt and Claire Marshall, Moneymore proved ‘you don’t have to travel far to go far,’ as they set off their careers having graduated from Loughry Campus.
- Follow us on Twitter @daera_ni.
- All media enquiries to DAERA Press Office or tel: 028 9052 4619.
- Open Farm Weekend events at Greenmount and Enniskillen Campuses 08 June 2023
- Loughry Summer Food Alumni event 08 June 2023
- May stocking of Departmental waters 02 June 2023
- Hydro Electric Operator fined for fisheries related offences 02 June 2023