The Department of Agriculture, Environment and Rural Affairs (DAERA) has stocked the following waters with takeable fish in May 2023:
2 May - Middle South, Rainbow Brown Trout, 1,000.
3 May - Marshallstown, Rainbow Brown Trout, 1,000.
4 May - Moor Lough, Brown Trout, 1,000.
5 May - Altnahinch, Brown Trout, 1,000.
9 May - North Woodburn, Rainbow Brown Trout, 1,000.
10 May - Ballymoney Burn, Brown Trout, 250.
11 May - Ballykeel, Brown Trout, 1,000.
15 May - Castlewellan, Brown Trout, 1,500.
16 May - Lough Cowey, Brown Trout, 1,000.
17 May - Hillsborough, Rainbow Brown Trout, 1,000.
18 May - Lough Money, Rainbow Brown Trout, 1,000.
19 May - Craigavon, Rainbow Brown Trout, 1,000.
22 May - Bellanaleck, Brown Trout, 1,500.
23 May - Brantry, Brown Trout, 1,500
24 May - Corranny, Rainbow Brown Trout, 500
25 May - Meenameen, Brown Trout, 1,000
Notes to editors:
- Details on recent fish stocking can be found on the nidirect website.
- Further information on all aspects of angling is available on the nidirect website.
- All media queries should be directed to the DAERA Press Office.
- Follow DAERA on Twitter and Facebook.
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries only between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- New deadline to provide evidence on impact of air pollution on environment 27 September 2023
- Apply now for the OCN NI Level 3 Award in The Principles of Meat Technology course at Loughry Campus, CAFRE 26 September 2023
- Castlewellan farmer making use of his SNHS results 22 September 2023
- Preparation is key to a successful calving season 21 September 2023