This important regional food funding programme within the food and drink sector encourages collaboration between all sectors and representative bodies within the local food industry.
Applications are invited from not-for-profit groups & regional development agencies as well as registered charities to apply for the 2020-21 Northern Ireland Regional Food Programme (NIRFP).
The programme has supported many local events and initiatives by providing financial support in three key areas of activity - regional fairs/exhibitions, seminars/workshops and information programmes. In 2019 the NIRFP awarded just under £140k for the delivery of 20 projects, providing local producers with showcasing opportunities at a range of agri-food events across Northern Ireland including events held as part of the Taste the Island initiative.
Applications are now open for projects taking place from 1 April 2020 to 31 March 2021, and must be submitted by 12 noon on Friday 31st January 2020. Awards will be subject to budget availability.
Application forms can be downloaded from https://www.daera-ni.gov.uk/articles/northern-ireland-regional-food-programme
Notes to editors:
1. The NI Regional Food Programme was established as part of the implementation of The Fit for Market Report, which was published by the Food Strategy Group in November 2004.
2. Successful applications to the Programme can obtain up to 40% financial contributions on eligible project expenditure.
3. Scheme rules mean that only not-for-profit groups with a Northern Ireland membership, registered charities or not-for-profit regional development agencies that plan to deliver projects that raise the profile of NI regional food can apply. Applications for collaborative ventures involving two or more eligible organisations working together to deliver the objectives of the Programme are encouraged.
4. Closing date for completed applications will be 12 noon on Friday 31st January 2020.
5. An application form for funding can be downloaded from https://www.daera-ni.gov.uk/articles/northern-ireland-regional-food-programme or obtained from the contact details below:
NIRFP Management Team
Department of Agriculture, Environment and Rural Affairs
Upper Newtownards Road
Tel: 028 9052 4497
8. All media queries should be directed to the DAERA Press Office on 028 9052 4619 or email DAERA Press Office: . Out of office hours please contact the duty press officer on 028 90378110.
- Minister visits north coast following £2.7m investment 05 August 2020
- Brucellosis compensation rates for August 2020 03 August 2020
- Changing direction - taking the robotic route on dairy farms 03 August 2020
- Preparing properly and safely for autumn calving 03 August 2020