All professional users of pesticides must have a Certificate of Competence.
CAFRE offers a range of City & Guilds approved pesticide/spraying courses with the aim of developing people in the land-based and rural sectors. These courses are suitable for farmers/growers, farm family members, people over 16 years old, and those working in or operating agri-food and rural businesses.
Different types of pesticide application equipment need a different Certificate of Competence and all students are required to initially take and pass a PA1 theory module before they can complete any practical unit.
Once the PA1 theory unit has successfully been completed students can add a range of practical units as required
The next PA1 course will be delivered at Greenmount Campus on 11 February 2019.
The course covers:
- Interpreting product label
- Personal safety and contamination
- Pesticide and container storage
- Record keeping
- Environmental factors
This module must be passed before a candidate can progress to the application modules.
The course is assessed by a multiple choice on line assessment which lasts one hour.
To book a place and attend the PA1 course at CAFRE, go to the CAFRE website.
Notes to editors:
- Follow DAERA on Twitter and Facebook.
- All media enquiries to DAERA Press Office or tel: 028 9052 4619.
- CAFRE Agricultural Business Operations (Level II) Course being delivered at all three CAFRE Campuses in 2019/20 19 June 2019
- How are you? – Really??? 19 June 2019
- China agrees access for NI beef 18 June 2019
- Postgraduate courses at CAFRE 17 June 2019