Sandycove Holiday Homes Ltd of Whitechurch Road, Ballywalter, Co Down were fined £2,000 at Newtownards Magistrates’ Court today for breaches of waste management legislation.
In November 2016 and July 2017, Northern Ireland Environment Agency (NIEA) officers investigated a site owned by Sandycove Holiday Homes Ltd at Ballyferris Caravan Park, Ballywalter where approximately 1,000 tonnes of controlled waste (clay mixed with concrete, metal and plastics) was being kept without a waste management licence.
Notes to editors:
- Sandycove Holiday Homes Ltd pleaded guilty to two offences under Article 4(1)(b) of The Waste and Contaminated Land (Northern Ireland) Order 1997 and were fined £1,000 on each charge, in relation to the unauthorised keeping of controlled waste on land at Ballyferris Caravan Park.
- Follow DAERA on Twitter and Facebook.
- All media queries should be directed to the DAERA Press Office on 028 9052 4619 or via email. Out of office hours please contact the duty press officer on 028 9037 8110.
- Control noxious weeds now 16 May 2019
- New code to help farmers reduce air pollutant 16 May 2019
- Government launches ‘One Health’ approach to tackle antimicrobial resistance 16 May 2019
- Developing life skills with CAFRE Enniskillen Campus 16 May 2019