A County Down skipper was today convicted for fishing 79 lobster pots inside the Sea Fisheries Exclusion Zone in Strangford Lough.
John Boyd, (67) of Comber Road, Killyleagh is the owner and skipper of the Silver Crest N896.
He admitted to one charge of contravening Article 3 of The Strangford Lough (Sea Fishing Exclusion Zones) Regulations (Northern Ireland) 2012.
He has had all 79 lobster pots confiscated and received a £100 fine plus court costs.
Notes to editors:
1. It is an offence contrary to Article 3 of The Strangford Lough (Sea Fishing Exclusion Zones) Regulations (Northern Ireland) 2012 to fish pots within the closed zone.
3.All media queries should be directed to the DAERA Press Office on 028 9052 4619 or via email to email@example.com Out of office hours please contact the duty press officer on 028 9037 8110.
- Rising to the challenge of making one of our favourite foods healthier 21 January 2020
- DAERA offering dairy farmers a free trip to learn innovative heifer raising techniques 21 January 2020
- Construction company fined for water pollution offence 21 January 2020
- Using technology and innovation to protect the environment and support farm efficiency 17 January 2020