The Department of Agriculture, Environment and Rural Affairs (DAERA) has released two statistical reports.
These are the ‘Statistical Review of Northern Ireland Agriculture 2021’ and ‘Farm Incomes in Northern Ireland 2020/21’.
The Statistical Review is the main compendium of statistics for the agri-food sector. It contains a wide range of economic and physical data, which provide an overview for 2021 and enables comparisons to be made with earlier years. Full details of the 2021 aggregate agricultural income figures and farm level income figures, released in summary form on 10 February 2022, are included.
This year’s ‘Farm Incomes’ report is the 29th in the series and is based on data collected from 309 farms participating in the annual Farm Business Survey. Within the report information is provided on returns, costs, subsidies, incomes, borrowings, investments and financial position for the main types of farm business within Northern Ireland. There is also a section devoted to the performance of individual farm enterprises. The figures in the report refer mainly to the 2020/21 account year which has an average year end of mid-February 2021.
Copies of these National Statistics reports are available free of charge to download from the Department’s website.
Notes to editors:
- The ‘Statistical Review’ contains statistics on the quantities and values of outputs and inputs, on aggregate gross margins, receipts from subsidies, expenditure on capital investment, and average incomes at farm level. Other tables give information on land use, crop areas, livestock numbers, the size and type of farms, employment, rural economy, animal health and welfare, and the environment.
- The ‘Statistical Review of Northern Ireland Agriculture, 2021’ is available, free of charge, on the DAERA website . Alternatively, there will be a limited number of hardcopies available at a later date. These will be available free of charge from Policy, Economics and Statistics Division, Department of Agriculture and Rural Development, Room 817, Dundonald House, Belfast, BT4 3SB.
- The ‘Statistical Review’ is the Northern Ireland equivalent of 'Agriculture in the United Kingdom 2021', which is due to be published in July 2022 and will be available, free of charge, on the DEFRA website . This report is no longer available in hardcopy format.
- 'Farm Incomes in Northern Ireland 2020/21' is available, free of charge, on the DAERA website . This report is no longer available in hardcopy format.
- These statistics are part of a National Statistics publication.
- Follow DAERA on Twitter at and Facebook.
- All media queries should be directed to the DAERA Press Office: email@example.com
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours’ service for media enquiries only between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Planning for Grain Storage 11 August 2022
- CAFRE EFS farm walk to take place at Enniskillen Campus 09 August 2022
- Management notes for August 2022 04 August 2022
- Brucellosis compensation rates for August 2022 03 August 2022