Farmers are being reminded that they have until midnight on Tuesday, 2 May 2023 to complete their 2023 Basic Payment Scheme (BPS) Entitlement Transfers.
BPS entitlements form the basis of the BPS annual payment, and they can be transferred between farm businesses by inheritance, sale, lease, or gift.
DAERA is now urging farmers and their agents to not miss the deadline and to apply now as transfers made after this date will not take effect until the 2024 BPS scheme year.
To complete Entitlement Transfers you need log on to the DAERA website.
Farm businesses must activate all their entitlements in at least one scheme year over any two-year period, except in cases of force majeure or exceptional circumstance. Any entitlement, or fraction of an entitlement, that remains unused for two consecutive years is at risk of being confiscated from the business.
Further assistance is available via our Advisory Service on 0300 200 7848. A dedicated team of advisors is available Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm to assist you.
Notes to editors:
- Follow DAERA on Twitter and Facebook.
- All media queries should be directed to the DAERA Press Office at: email@example.com
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries only between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- New innovative Food Degrees at CAFRE 05 December 2023
- New Countryside Survey underway 05 December 2023
- SNHS Zone 1 farmers to receive final soil analysis reports 04 December 2023
- Brucellosis compensation rates for December 2023 01 December 2023