You can apply to export fish and fishery products following the link below. Here you will find guidance and templates to help you make your application.
Before you start
In order to begin your application on the DAERA Export Certification Online system (DECOL) you will need to have completed the export health certificate (EHC) application and have any supporting documents ready for upload.
Obtaining an EHC
You can obtain the EHC application via the Defra form finder.
Guidance on using DECOL is available in the exporter’s instructions at the link below:
These cerificates are generally issued by Environmental Health Officers (EHOs) working in your Local Authority Council Office.
If you need assistance to complete an application for an Export Health Certificate (EHC) or want to enquire about the availability of an Environmental Health Officer (EHO) to issue, please contact your Local Council for assistance.
Exporters should review the Notes for Guidance for each certificate (available via the Defra Form Finder to ascertain if product is eligible for export. You should also check if you need to obtain import permits or importing authority approvals. Where needed, these should be obtained from the importing authorities prior to applying for an EHC and uploaded along with all other application documents via DECOL.
Frequent exporters may find it helpful to review the supporting documentation submitted with previous relevant applications and upload similar consignment specific information to DECOL at the time of application.
Schedule for additional product information
If there is insufficient space on the EHC application to record full product details you need to complete a schedule and submit this with your application. The schedule and instructions for completion are available using the link below:
- Fish Health Background
- Authorisation of aquaculture production business
- Brexit - preparing the NI Fishing and Seafood Sector for day 1 EU Exit
- Exports of fish
- Fish health Inspections
- General rules on marketing and movement of fish in Northern Ireland
- Imports of fish to Northern Ireland from outside the European Union
- Imports of fish to Northern Ireland from the European Union
- Internal fish movements
- National controls for the importing of molluscan shellfish, fish and lobsters
- Northern Ireland disease status and designation notices
- The Aquatic Animal Health Regulations