Advance Direct Payments to farmers began issuing from today, the Department of Agriculture, Environment and Rural Affairs (DAERA) has announced.
It is anticipated that the first payments will begin to reach farmers’ bank accounts from Friday 19 October 2018. Advance payments will continue to be released on a daily basis until early November. Balance payments, or full payments for those unable to receive an advance payment, will commence on 3 December 2018.
The Department successfully obtained permission from the European Commission to make advance payments at 70% of claim value, rather than 50%, on fully verified claims. NI remains the only region of the United Kingdom to make advance payments and the Department is making every effort to process advance payments to as many farm businesses as possible.
Payment letters have issued, or alternatively farmers and their agents can view their own payment information online via DAERA’s Online Services system.
Notes to editors:
- The exchange rate for 2018 is €1 = £0.89281
- Direct Payments in the UK are paid in sterling except where the farmer elects for payment in Euro by the deadline for submission of Single Applications.
- Payments will be made in the chosen currency by electronic transfer into the farm business bank account.
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.
- All media queries should be directed to the DAERA Press Office on 028 9052 4619 or via email. Out of office hours please contact the duty press officer on 028 9037 8110.
- Collaboration and engagement key to facing challenges 16 May 2019
- Control noxious weeds now 16 May 2019
- New code to help farmers reduce air pollutant 16 May 2019
- Government launches ‘One Health’ approach to tackle antimicrobial resistance 16 May 2019