The Department of Agriculture, Environment and Rural Affairs (DAERA) today announced that a record 98% of farmers in Northern Ireland have received a full or balance CAP payment in December 2018.
The payments, totalling £91 million, were issued to 23,676 farm businesses. Since the completion of advance payments in early November 2018, the department has maintained its drive to maximise payment performance. A total of £281 million in CAP payments has been issued in 2018.
This record number of payments, which builds on the achievements of last year (97%), has been made possible due to 100% of farmers submitting their Single Application online. Claims made online are faster, more secure and more accurate. Payments can only be made on fully verified claims.
This year, 94% of farm businesses who had been subject to a land inspection have received their payment in December. This represents a 10% increase in the percentage of inspection cases paid in December 2017.
Notes to editors:
- The exchange rate for 2018 is €1 = £0.89281
- Direct Payments in the UK are paid in sterling except where the farmer elects for payment in Euro by the deadline for submission of Single Applications.
- Payments will be made in the chosen currency by electronic transfer into the farm business bank account.
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.
- All media queries should be directed to the DAERA Press Office on 028 9052 4619 or via email. Out of office hours please contact the Duty Press Officer on 028 9037 8110.
- Equine nutrition - a guided tour 18 January 2019
- Farmer convicted at Armagh Court 18 January 2019
- Farmer convicted for causing unnecessary suffering to cow 18 January 2019
- Soil fertility at Co Fermanagh BDG meeting 16 January 2019