A scheme to help rural micro businesses to sustain, develop and recover from the Covid 19 pandemic will open on the 4 May 2022.
The Rural Business Development Grant Scheme is funded through the Department of Agriculture, Environment and Rural Affairs Tackling Rural Poverty and Social Isolation (TRPSI) Programme, and will be delivered in partnership with local Councils.
The grant will provide capital assistance of 50% up to the value of £4,999 for the purchase of capital equipment to help rural businesses remain sustainable and recover from the ongoing pandemic. The grant funding will also provide the opportunity for some businesses to increase innovation activity as well as the efficiency of their rural businesses.
Rural Businesses continue to play a vital role in sustaining rural communities and hence their own sustainability at this challenging time is very important.
Details regarding the Rural Business Development Grant Scheme. Only online applications can be accepted for this scheme. The Scheme opens for applications at 9.00am on 4 May 2022 and closes again at 12 noon on 31 May 2022.
Notes to editors:
- The Rural Business Development Grant Scheme is funded under the Department of Agriculture, Environment and Rural Affairs Tackling Rural Poverty and Social Isolation Programme.
- The scheme will be delivered by the local Councils.
- The total amount of funding provided to rural businesses under the Rural Business Development Grant Scheme from 2019 to 2021 is £4.25m.
- Follow DAERA on Twitter at and Facebook.
- All media queries should be directed to the DAERA Press Office: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours’ service for media enquiries only between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Regional Food Programme opens for applications 23 March 2023
- Soil Nutrient Health Scheme – CAFRE launch training 22 March 2023
- Funding Innovation for Food Businesses with Invest NI and CAFRE 22 March 2023
- CAFRE Farm Innovations visit to North Yorkshire large dairy herds 22 March 2023