The Department of Agriculture, Environment and Rural Affairs (DAERA) has announced publication of the ‘Farm Business Data 2022’ farm planning handbook.
The handbook provides a useful guide to budgets for all the crop and livestock enterprises commonly found in Northern Ireland. There is also a section on Farm Support Schemes which details the operation of selected schemes such as the Basic Payment Scheme.
A range of useful information in the 'Miscellaneous' section includes a summary of nitrates and phosphorous regulations. It also includes details on taxation, fixed costs, machinery costs, hire charges, contractors’ charges, conacre rents and key DAERA contact points.
‘Farm Business Data 2022’ is a valuable source of information for farmers, their professional advisors, those undertaking formal training in agriculture or anyone who requires planning and budgetary data relating to farming in Northern Ireland. The role of the handbook is to provide a comprehensive and authoritative source of physical and financial information that is tailored to farm planning needs in Northern Ireland
Full details of the Farm Business Data 2022’ is available on the DAERA website
Notes to editors:
- Data presented in the enterprise budgets is in ‘normalised’ gross margin format and is unsuitable for comparing the performance of individual businesses against standards of performance for the sector as a whole. Data suitable for this purpose are published in ‘Northern Ireland Farm Performance Indicators 2020/21’ which is available on the DAERA website.
- Farm Business Data 2022’ is available on the DAERA website.
- A limited number of hard copies of the handbook may be obtained from the Department of Agriculture, Environment and Rural Affairs, Policy, Economics and Statistics Division, Room 555, Dundonald House, Upper Newtownards Road, Belfast BT4 3SB, E-mail AEB.EconStats@daera-ni.gov.uk.
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.
- All media queries should be directed to the DAERA Press Office: email@example.com
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries only between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Regional Food Programme opens for applications 23 March 2023
- Soil Nutrient Health Scheme – CAFRE launch training 22 March 2023
- Funding Innovation for Food Businesses with Invest NI and CAFRE 22 March 2023
- CAFRE Farm Innovations visit to North Yorkshire large dairy herds 22 March 2023