The final two Making Tax Digital seminars focusing on areas impacting on farm businesses have been organised by CAFRE in partnership with Rural Support to be delivered in Friel’s Restaurant, Swatragh on Thursday 21 February 2019 and Greenmount Campus, Antrim on Thursday 28 February 2019.
The seminars are delivered by Lowry Grant from accountancy firm PKF/FPM and topics covered include an overview and awareness of the new HMRC ‘Making Tax Digital’ system including issues surrounding the submission of records, choice of appropriate software and the cost implications for the farm business.
To date twenty seminars have already been delivered in venues across Northern Ireland and well over 2,000 people have attended these seminars and the feedback has been very positive.
As a result of the interest generated by these seminars two additional sessions have been confirmed for February at Friel’s restaurant, Swatragh on Thursday 21 of February starting at 8.00pm and Greenmount Campus, Antrim on the afternoon of Thursday 28 of February with doors opening at 1:00 pm and seminar beginning at 1:30pm.
The seminars are free to farmers, members of the farm family and employees. Grandparents, uncles, aunts, brothers and sisters within farm families would all benefit from attending a seminar. Attendees do not need to pre-register and should bring details of their Farm Business ID with them to register on the night.
For more information, contact the training programme delivery agent Rural Support on 028 8676 0040 or visit the CAFRE website.
Notes to editors:
- Photo caption - Sharman Dougan from Collone, Co Armagh pictured discussing information gained when he attended the ‘Making Tax Digital’ seminar in Armagh with Kenneth Johnston of CAFRE who in partnership with Rural Support are offering a number of seminars being held throughout Northern Ireland in February 2019. Also included is Lowry Grant of PKF/FPM who delivered the seminar.
- Follow DAERA on Twitter and Facebook.
- All media enquiries to DAERA Press Office or tel: 028 9052 4619.
- Management Notes for July 2020 03 July 2020
- Poots encourages more recycling to help recovery from Covid-19 03 July 2020
- Choose winter cereal varieties carefully 02 July 2020
- Poots welcomes establishment of Trade and Agriculture Commission 01 July 2020