A number of Farm Family Key Skills (FFKS) seminars focusing on areas impacting on farm businesses have been organised by CAFRE in partnership with Rural Support.
These will be delivered throughout Northern Ireland over the coming months starting on Tuesday 13 November at Loughry Campus, CAFRE. Seminars will be delivered by industry professionals from local Accountancy firm PKF/FPM.
Topics covered include an overview and awareness of the new HMRC ‘Making Tax Digital’ system including issues surrounding the submission of records, choice of appropriate software and the cost implications for the farm business.
Callum McAleese from Limavady commented: “I attended the Farm Family Key Skills taxation and succession planning seminar last autumn and found it very useful. I am hoping to attend one of the ‘Making Tax Digital’ seminars coming up soon. It is a great opportunity to find out what it is all about as the change comes into effect in April 2019. Therefore, I would encourage farmers, farm family members and farm employees to attend one of these seminars where they will get a chance to hear from industry professionals on key issues related to the new ‘Making Tax Digital system’.”
Twenty Seminars will be delivered in local venues across Northern Ireland from November 2018 to March 2019, with additional dates for November confirmed as:
- Grant’s Pub, Mayobridge on Monday 19 November
- Silver Birch Hotel Omagh on Tuesday 20 November
- Enniskillen Campus on Wednesday 21 November
- Tirgan Community Association (Tirgan Hall), Moneymore on Monday 26 November
- Agri-Food and Biosciences Institute (AFBI) on Wednesday 28 November
- Magherabuoy House Hotel, Portrush on Thursday 29 November
Doors open at 7:30 pm with seminars beginning at 8:00pm.
The seminars are free to farmers, members of the farm family and employees. Grandparents, uncles, aunts, brothers and sisters within farm families would all benefit from attending a seminar.
For further information, contact our delivery agent for this training programme Rural Support on 028 8676 0040 or visit the CAFRE website.
Notes to editors:
- Jude McCann of Rural Support pictured discussing the importance of “Making Tax Digital” Business Planning seminars with Callum McAleese from Limavady and Jayne Kyle from Coleraine. Also included is John Hamilton of CAFRE who in partnership are offering a number of “Making Tax Digital” seminars throughout Northern Ireland starting in November 2018.
- Follow DAERA on Twitter and Facebook.
- All media enquiries to DAERA Press Office or tel: 028 9052 4619.
- Walking the supply chain - Banbridge Sheep Business Development Group 15 November 2018
- Agricultural Technology students - EU study tour 15 November 2018
- CAFRE hosts ISH Young Breeders training day 15 November 2018
- Industry bursaries for Loughry food degree students 14 November 2018