A number of Farm Family Key Skills (FFKS) seminars focusing on areas impacting on farm businesses have been organised by CAFRE in partnership with Rural Support.
Ten ‘Making Tax Digital’ seminars have been delivered to date with well over 1,000 attending. A further 12 seminars will be delivered throughout Northern Ireland over the coming months, starting on Tuesday 8 January at the City Hotel, Armagh. Seminars will be delivered by industry professionals from local Accountancy firm PKF/FPM.
Topics covered include an overview and awareness of the new HMRC ‘Making Tax Digital’ system, including issues surrounding the submission of records, choice of appropriate software and the cost implications for the farm business.
Stephen McIntyre from Toomebridge commented: “I am hoping to attend one of the ‘Making Tax Digital’ seminars coming up soon. It is a great opportunity to find out what it is all about as the change comes into effect in April 2019. Therefore I would encourage farmers, farm family members and farm employees to attend one of these seminars where they will get a chance to hear from industry professionals on key issues related to the new ‘Making Tax Digital’ system.”
Seven seminars will be delivered in local venues across Northern Ireland in January 2019 with a further five seminars planned for February.
Dates for January 2019 are as follows (doors open at 7:30 pm with seminars beginning at 8:00pm)
- Tuesday 8 January, City Hotel, Armagh
- Thursday 10 January, Millbrook Lodge Hotel Ballynahinch
- Tuesday 15 January, Millenium Centre, Loughgiel
- Wednesday 16 January, White Horse Hotel, Eglinton
- Thursday 17 January, Canal Court, Newry
- Tuesday 22 January, Seagoe Hotel, Portadown
- Thursday 24 January, Fir Trees Hotel, Strabane
Details of all future seminar dates can be found on the CAFRE website.
The seminars are free to farmers, members of the farm family and employees. Grandparents, uncles, aunts, brothers and sisters within farm families would all benefit from attending a seminar. Attendees do not need to pre-register and should bring details of their Farm Business ID with them to register on the night.
For more information, contact our delivery agent for this training programme Rural Support on 028 8676 0040 or visit the CAFRE website.
Notes to editors:
- Follow DAERA on Twitter and Facebook.
- All media enquiries to DAERA Press Office or tel: 028 9052 4619.
- Farmer convicted for causing unnecessary suffering to cow 18 January 2019
- Equine nutrition - a guided tour 18 January 2019
- Farmer convicted at Armagh Court 18 January 2019
- Soil fertility at Co Fermanagh BDG meeting 16 January 2019