Michelle McIlveen, Minister of Agriculture, Environment and Rural Affairs, has launched the Coastal Communities Fund for Northern Ireland.
The Coastal Communities Fund is delivered by the Big Lottery Fund (BIG) and is designed to support the economic development by promoting sustainable economic growth and jobs, to allow coastal communities to better respond to the changing economic needs and opportunities of their area.
DAERA Minister Michelle McIlveen has encouraged prospective applicants in coastal communities across Northern Ireland to avail of the £800,000 ring-fenced for Round 4.
She said: “This fund has been a real boost for the local economy, with £2.5million being invested in our coastal communities in recent times. I am therefore delighted to announce the opening of Round 4 for applications and encourage prospective beneficiaries to apply for their share of the £800,000 funding to support our coastal communities in building a better environment and a stronger economy.”
Details of the fund and how to apply are available on the Big Lottery Fund’s website.
Notes to editors:
- The Coastal Communities Fund (CCF) is a UK-wide programme funded by the UK Government through income generated from the Crown Estate’s marine assets and is delivered by the Big Lottery Fund (BIG) on behalf of the UK Government and devolved Administrations.
- To date, the Coastal Communities Fund has provided £2.5million public funding that has been invested in the Northern Ireland economy through support of 11 projects along the coast from Coleraine to Newcastle via Rathlin Island, with grants ranging from £71,000 to £736,000.
- All media queries should be directed to the DAERA Press Office on 028 9052 4619 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Out of office hours please contact the duty press officer via pager number 07699 715 440 and your call will be returned.
- Invitation to CAFRE’s Virtual Open Week 27 September 2021
- Poots kicks off new pitch on rural recreation 27 September 2021
- Minister announces improved Air Quality Alert system to help protect public health 27 September 2021
- Drinking water quality remains high across Northern Ireland 27 September 2021