The Department of Agriculture, Environment and Rural Affairs (DAERA) has today announced the opening of the 2019/20 Northern Ireland Regional Food Programme (NIRFP), a DAERA-funded programme to help raise the profile of quality regional food.
This important funding programme encourages collaboration between all sectors and representative bodies within the local food and drinks industry.
The programme has supported many local events and initiatives by providing financial support in three key areas - regional fairs/exhibitions, seminars/workshops, and information programmes. In 2018 the NIRFP awarded just under £200k to 25 projects, providing local producers with showcasing opportunities at a range of agri-food events across Northern Ireland in addition to supporting the development of a number of food and drink networks.
Applications for projects taking place from 1 April 2019 to 31 March 2020 must be submitted by 12 noon on Wednesday 6th February 2019. Awards will be subject to budget availability.
Notes to editors:
1. The NI Regional Food Programme was established as part of the implementation of The Fit for Market Report, which was published by the Food Strategy Group in November 2004.
2. Successful applications to the Programme can obtain up to 40% financial contributions on eligible project expenditure.
3. Scheme rules mean that only not-for-profit groups with a Northern Ireland membership, registered charities or not-for-profit regional development agencies that plan to delivery projects that raise the profile of NI regional food can apply. Applications for collaborative ventures involving two or more eligible organisations working together to deliver the objectives of the Programme are encouraged.
4. Closing date for completed applications will be 12 noon on Wednesday the 6th February 2019.
5. Application forms for funding can also be obtained by contacting DAERA at the following address;NIRFP Management Team Department of Agriculture, Environment and Rural Affairs Room 518 Dundonald House Upper Newtownards Road Belfast BT4 3SB Tel: 028 9052 4497
7. All media queries should be directed to the DAERA Press Office on 028 9052 4619 or email DAERA Press Office Out of office hours please contact the duty press officer on 028 90378110.
- Farmer convicted at Armagh Court 18 January 2019
- Farmer convicted for causing unnecessary suffering to cow 18 January 2019
- Equine nutrition - a guided tour 18 January 2019
- Soil fertility at Co Fermanagh BDG meeting 16 January 2019