There’s just under a month to go, plans for the joint stakeholder conference entitled ‘Future Proofing your Sheep Enterprise’ are almost complete.
The committee met earlier this week to discuss arrangements for the two events which will take place on Wednesday 2 October 2019 at Greenmount Campus and on Thursday 3 October 2019 at the Silverbirch Hotel, Omagh.
Both events will commence at 6:00pm.
The conference will focus on a range of topics to include improving lamb production from grass, benefits of using good genetics, protecting your flock from Ovine Pulmonary Adenocarcinoma (OPA) and maximising market returns.
All speakers will provide valuable information to help you improve and strengthen the performance of your sheep enterprise. The event will also be utilising an information communication technology tool through which attendees will have the opportunity to ask questions and get involved in the discussion. To participate in this technology, please remember to bring along a mobile phone.
We anticipate high levels of interest in both events so please book early to secure your place and to avoid disappointment.
Please note conference cost is £15/person and this includes a light buffet which will be served at 6pm.
If interested in attending, please book via the UFU website.
If you have any difficulties booking online, please contact Angela Scott at UFU Headquarters on 028 9037 0222.
Notes to editors:
- Follow DAERA on Twitter and Facebook.
- All media enquiries to DAERA Press Office or tel: 028 9052 4619.
- CAFRE to host farm business support events 19 November 2019
- 2019 Sheep and Goats Annual Inventory Cards 18 November 2019
- CAFRE launch £17,000 student bursary programme 18 November 2019
- Inter Ministerial Group for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (IMG EFRA) 15 November 2019