The purpose of this publication is to integrate evidence from across government in order to:
- provide evidence to inform the future direction of rural policy in NI
- underpin the Rural Needs Act (NI) 2016
- support equitable treatment of rural communities in policies and programmes across government
- inform rural stakeholders and
- stimulate and support wider debate and research on rural issues
The publication illustrates within-rural as well as urban-rural differences and statistics are provided on Rural definition, land area and population; Education; Employment; Industry; Tourism; Connectivity; Access to services; Quality of life; Crime; and Poverty.