ISRAF will consider the challenges and opportunities that the agri-food sector now faces. These include, but are not limited to:
- Improving productivity;
- Enhancing economic and environmental sustainability, including a reduced carbon footprint;
- Reduced access to migrant labour;
- Increasing the levels of innovation and R&D;
- Changing market demands for food products;
- Market opportunities;
- The case for regional branding;
- The development of an independent UK Trade policy; and
- Recovery from the Covid-19 pandemic.
ISRAF will provide a sharp, focussed review to help set the strategic direction of the sector. The review will be led Sir Peter Kendall, who brings decades of valuable experience and personal expertise.
ISRAF is expected to report in 6 months. It will inform decision making and policy development by both the industry and departments.