Level 2 and Level 3 Apprenticeship and Work Based Diploma in Agriculture students recently were updated on important aspects of farm finance at a student conference in CAFRE, Enniskillen Campus.
Robert McCullough, Head of Agribusiness with the Danske Bank spoke to students on farm business and financial management. The importance of goal setting for a farm business, risk, resource and time management were also discussed. In the afternoon representatives from Crudden and Dolan accountants, George Johnston and Liz Rutledge, spoke to students on the role of an accountant and taxation implications for farmers. This was an excellent event with both students and staff finding the presentations very useful and informative.
The Level 2 and Level 3 Apprenticeship and Work Based Diploma courses in Agriculture involve studying one day per week at CAFRE with students spending the remainder of their time employed in a farm business. CAFRE delivers the Level 2 course currently at four Centres; Greenmount Campus, Enniskillen Campus, Tobermore and Banbridge while the Level 3 course is available at both Greenmount and Enniskillen Campuses. For more information on these courses, please visit the CAFRE website, www.cafre.ac.uk, or contact 0800 028 4291.
Notes to editors:
- Follow us on Twitter: @daera_ni.
- All media enquiries to DAERA Press Office, firstname.lastname@example.org or tel: 028 9052 4619.
- Message from the Head of the Civil Service 28 March 2017
- Extension for Chair of Council for Nature Conservation and the Countryside 27 March 2017
- Visit Greenmount Campus open day to find out about careers in agri-food 27 March 2017
- 2017 Single Application – ensure your business is a separate one 27 March 2017