The Greenmount Association, an organisation for present and former students and staff of the College of Agriculture, Food and Rural Enterprise (CAFRE), has been in existence since 1932.
Over the past 90 years, the Association has played an important role in helping to keep past students abreast of current technical developments and news about CAFRE. The fact that so many previous students hold, and have held, prominent positions in the agriculture and horticulture industry in all its aspects demonstrates the contribution that CAFRE has made.
This year marks its 90th anniversary. To mark the occasion, past and current students, staff and friends are invited to attend an evening of celebration on Friday 18 November at 7:30pm in the Tullyglass Hotel, Ballymena. There will be dinner followed by live entertainment. It will be a great opportunity to catch up and reminisce with old friends and colleagues to recall the academic achievements, extra-curricular activities and high spirits of individual students.
Tickets cost £30 and can be purchased through the CAFRE website. Book your tickets before Monday 14 November at 5:00pm.
Notes to editors:
- Photo caption: Greenmount Association Secretary, Philip Holdsworth; Greenmount Association Treasurer, Alistair Boyle; Head of Campus Redevelopment, James O’Boyle and College Director Martin McKendry with Past Presidents; Derek Reid, James King, Current, Brian Knipe, 2013-14, Clarence Calderwood, 2011-12, Michael Graham, 2010-11, Celine Boyle, 2009-10, Mark McCollum, 2008-09, Stewart Watson, 2007-08, Colin Boggs, 2005-06, Barrie Barr, 2004-05, Sandra Hunter, 2003-04, Martin Sloan, 2000-02, Oonagh Chesney, 1997-98, Dessie Workman, 1995-96, W. J. Taylor, 1993-94, James Brown, 1988-89, J. Fleming, 1987-88, John Wilson, 1986-87, A. Hunter, 1983-84, A. Irwin, 1982-83, W. Hurst, 1980-81, M. Acheson, 1978-79, Raymond Bingham, 1971-72.
- Follow DAERA on Twitter and Facebook.
- All media queries should be directed to the DAERA Press Office: email@example.com
- DAERA seeks views on the development of a new Northern Ireland Waste Management Strategy 02 December 2022
- Co Londonderry farmer fined for water pollution offence that led to a fish kill 02 December 2022
- Angler fined for having unlawful possession of sea trout 02 December 2022
- Noise Complaint Statistics 2020-21 report released 01 December 2022