The Level 3 Certificate in the Principles of Horse Care and Management is an accredited Level 3 course aimed at participants wanting to gain a recognised qualification in horse care and management without having to attend college on a full time basis. The course will be delivered at Greenmount Campus, Antrim on a Tuesday evening from 7:15pm until 9:30pm, over a twelve week period from the 17 September to the 10 December 2019.
This classroom based course is aimed at private owners, small scale breeders, animal welfare officers, leisure riders and non-equine vet nurses. The qualification is composed of six units and during the qualification you will learn about the principles of basic horse health and welfare, including recognising signs of good and ill health in a horse, training and preparing horses for work, stable routines including mucking out and grooming, transporting horses, health and safety in the horse industry as well as employment rights and responsibilities.
The course fee is £70 and this includes an assessment and registration fee. Online registration is necessary and will be open until Monday 9 September 2019. For more information and to apply, please see the CAFRE website or contact: email@example.com
Notes to editors:
- Follow DAERA on Twitter and Facebook.
- All media enquiries to DAERA Press Office or tel: 028 9052 4619.
- Options available under DAERA’s Environmental Farming Scheme (Wider) 20 August 2019
- Better Farm Beef Challenge NI Autumn Walks 20 August 2019
- Belfast man given £7,500 fine and suspended sentence for waste offences 20 August 2019
- A slice of ‘American Pie’ for Claire! 20 August 2019