The Department of Agriculture, Environment and Rural Affairs (DAERA) today confirmed that the rate of advance CAP payments will increase from 50% to 70% of claim value. The European Commission has approved an application from the Department to increase the rate of advance payments from 16 October 2017.
The Department made its application to the European Commission for the increase in advance payments following the heavy rainfall and flash flooding of 22 August 2017. Advance payments will commence on Monday 16 October 2017 and will be made to all eligible farm businesses in Northern Ireland which have fully verified claims. Balance payments, or full payments for those not eligible for an advance payment, will commence from 1 December 2017.
Notes to editors:
- The European Commission’s Implementing Act, which permits this increase, will be formally adopted before 15 October 2017
- Follow us on Twitter
- All media queries should be directed to the DAERA Press Office on 028 9052 4619 or via email Out of office hours please contact the duty press officer via pager number 07623 974 383 and your call will be returned.
- Online consent service launched for Areas of Special Scientific Interest 15 December 2017
- Hurry, BDG scheme closing for applications 14 December 2017
- Appointment of Deputy Chair to the Agri-Food and Biosciences Institute 14 December 2017
- Puppy buyers warned of the risks of purchasing illegally imported dogs 14 December 2017