Agriculture Minister Edwin Poots has given his support to a UK-wide campaign that aims to encourage people to drink milk.
DAERA minister Edwin Poots said: “Since the start of the COVID 19 pandemic, I have fought hard to secure financial support for the Northern Irish agri-food sector. COVID-19 has been very challenging for our agriculture sector, and in particular, our dedicated and hardworking dairy farmers. I am therefore very pleased that this week, I have been able to secure funding for the dairy sector as part of the £25m received from our Executive. This will go some way to helping the sector be more sustainable in the longer term.
“I am very proud to support the Milk your Moments initiative and my Department has contributed £20k to ensure that Northern Ireland’s dairy sector is also promoted. A very welcome campaign to help our dairy sector and enrich lives through online connections with those close friends and relatives who we haven’t been able to physically meet up or visit in the last couple of months. A warm cup of tea at a distance, or a shared latte on a video call, help us to connect with our loved ones and enjoy those quieter moments together."
Notes to editors:
1. All media queries should be directed to the DAERA Press Office. Out of office hours please contact the duty press officer on 028 9037 8110.
- We’ve never been more grateful to waste sector for their vital work - Poots 02 June 2020
- Poots highlights dangers of pollution in waterways 02 June 2020
- Food safety remains paramount in the midst of continuing Coronavirus pandemic 01 June 2020
- One of the world’s longest running surveys, moves online 01 June 2020