The Department of Agriculture, Environment and Rural Affairs (DAERA) is seeking views on the proposed Nitrates Action Programme for Northern Ireland 2019-2022.
The Nitrates Action Programme implements the EU Nitrates Directive which is designed to protect surface waters and groundwaters from pollution by agricultural nutrients.
DAERA would welcome any comments on the proposals outlined in the consultation document.
The consultation will close at 4pm on 19 March 2019.
Notes to editors:
- Follow DAERA on Twitter and Facebook.
- All media queries should be directed to the DAERA Press Office on 028 9052 4619 or via email. Out of office hours please contact the duty press officer on 028 9037 8110.
- Preparing for calving with North Tyrone Business Development Group 22 March 2019
- Tyrone Farming Society award bursary to CAFRE equine student 20 March 2019
- Larne landscaper to compete in Russia 19 March 2019
- Rodenticide training - courses available at CAFRE 19 March 2019