Loughry Campus National Diploma Food Technology students have been busy helping to promote the journey of wheat and oilseeds in the food pavilion at the Balmoral Show. They worked alongside the Ulster Farmers Union, the Agriculture and Horticulture Development Board and the Krazi Baker, to educate and inform primary school children about wheat and oilseed and how they are used to make foods. Students also demonstrated how flour is produced from wheat grain and showed the process of extracting oil from seeds.
The students assisted the many local school children who were attracted to the stand and who got “hands-on” experience with the Krazi Baker learning how to make their own soda bread.
Notes to editors:
- Follow us on Twitter: @daera_ni
- All media enquiries to DAERA Press Office, email@example.com or tel: 028 9052 4619.
- Golden Jubilee Celebrations commence at CAFRE Enniskillen Campus 19 October 2017
- NIEA hosts new forum for Prosperity Agreement holders 19 October 2017
- Advance CAP payments begin issuing 17 October 2017
- September stocking of Departmental waters 17 October 2017