Loughry Campus National Diploma Food Technology students have been busy helping to promote the journey of wheat and oilseeds in the food pavilion at the Balmoral Show. They worked alongside the Ulster Farmers Union, the Agriculture and Horticulture Development Board and the Krazi Baker, to educate and inform primary school children about wheat and oilseed and how they are used to make foods. Students also demonstrated how flour is produced from wheat grain and showed the process of extracting oil from seeds.
The students assisted the many local school children who were attracted to the stand and who got “hands-on” experience with the Krazi Baker learning how to make their own soda bread.
Notes to editors:
- Follow us on Twitter: @daera_ni
- All media enquiries to DAERA Press Office, firstname.lastname@example.org or tel: 028 9052 4619.
- Online consent service launched for Areas of Special Scientific Interest 15 December 2017
- Appointment of Deputy Chair to the Agri-Food and Biosciences Institute 14 December 2017
- Puppy buyers warned of the risks of purchasing illegally imported dogs 14 December 2017
- CAFRE and Dairy UK launch farm productivity initiative 14 December 2017