Loughry Campus National Diploma Food Technology students have been busy helping to promote the journey of wheat and oilseeds in the food pavilion at the Balmoral Show. They worked alongside the Ulster Farmers Union, the Agriculture and Horticulture Development Board and the Krazi Baker, to educate and inform primary school children about wheat and oilseed and how they are used to make foods. Students also demonstrated how flour is produced from wheat grain and showed the process of extracting oil from seeds.
The students assisted the many local school children who were attracted to the stand and who got “hands-on” experience with the Krazi Baker learning how to make their own soda bread.
Notes to editors:
- Follow us on Twitter: @daera_ni
- All media enquiries to DAERA Press Office, email@example.com or tel: 028 9052 4619.
- CAFRE Enniskillen Campus Student on Placement at Cavan Equestrian Centre 18 August 2017
- Platform article by CVO on trade announcements 18 August 2017
- Armagh farmer convicted for horse transport failings 18 August 2017
- Let CAFRE open up a world of career opportunities 17 August 2017