New procedures for farmers applying for a review of decisions under the Common Agricultural Policy (CAP) will come into force from 01 April 2018, the Department of Agriculture, Environment and Rural Affairs has announced.
The new procedures will provide fair, impartial and transparent treatment while ensuring a more efficient process that better meets the needs of farmers.
Farmers can request a review of a decision made by DAERA regarding their CAP application within 60 calendar days of receiving the original decision. Any review will be carried out independently of the original decision makers. Farmers will not incur any costs associated with a review of decision procedure, whether successful or not.
Applications to the following CAP area based schemes will be subject to the new review procedures:
- Single Farm Payment;
- Basic Payment Scheme;
- Greening Payment;
- Young Farmers’ Payment;
- Forestry Grant Schemes;
- Agri-Environment Schemes;
- Less Favoured Areas Compensatory Allowance Scheme;
- Areas of Natural Constraint Scheme; and
- Environmental Farming Scheme.
Any farmer who has received a decision letter or submitted a review of decision application prior to April 01 2018 will continue to have their application considered under the two stage process.
Notes to editors:
For all media enquiries please contact DAERA Press Office on 028 9052 4619 or via email. Out of office hours please contact the duty press officer via pager number 07623 974 383 and your call will be returned.
- DAERA extends appointment of the Chair of the Agri-Food and Biosciences Institute (AFBI) 12 December 2018
- DAERA publishes new guide for buying a dog 11 December 2018
- DAERA launches 2019 Postgraduate Research Competition 11 December 2018
- CAFRE Children in Need simulator challenge 11 December 2018