The third tranche of Tier 1 of the Farm Business Improvement Scheme - Capital (FBIS-C), will open for applications on 2 November 2020, Agriculture Minister Edwin Poots MLA has announced.
£7.5million has been allocated for this tranche of Tier 1, which supports smaller scale investments to improve the sustainability of farm businesses. The scheme will support the purchase of equipment and machinery, costing from £5,000 to £30,000, from a list of eligible items.
Announcing the opening for applications, Minister Poots said: “I am pleased to announce the re-opening of Tier 1 FBIS Capital. In what has been a very challenging year for our farmers, this third tranche is a timely boost for agriculture and horticulture with £7.5million allocated for projects.
“This will build upon the success of the previous two tranches of Tier 1, which provided £14.4million grant support to over 3,000 farmers and growers.”
Minister Poots has encouraged farm businesses to invest in Low Emission Slurry Spreading Equipment (LESSE) through the FBIS. He said: “Bearing in the mind the deadlines within the Nutrient Action Programme 2019-22 and the issues posed by localised ammonia emissions, I want to encourage the early uptake of Low Emission Slurry Spreading Equipment (LESSE).
“For that reason, LESSE items, such as trailing hose, trailing shoe, soil incorporation or soil injection methods, will be contained within their own item banding (along with slurry covers and slurry scrapers), and allocated the highest item score.”
Further information on the FBIS-C is available on the DAERA website at https://www.daera-ni.gov.uk/articles/farm-business-improvement-scheme
Notes to editors:
- It is envisaged that the third Tranche of Tier 1 of FBIS-Capital will have a budget of £7.5million, subject to budget availability.
- Whilst a date has not yet been confirmed for opening a second tranche of Tier 2 of FBIS-Capital, which is designed to offer support to projects costing more than £30,000, the Minister is keeping this under review.
- Any further capital support will take into account any further guidance developed by the Department on ammonia reduction and mitigation, and would be subject to funding availability. DAERA is working to develop a comprehensive and proportionate package of measures on ammonia and hope to consult on a strategy later this year.
- FBIS-C Tier 1 tranche 3 will be delivered by Countryside Services Limited on behalf of DAERA.
- Further information on the FBIS-Capital Scheme Tier 1 and how to apply will be made available on the DAERA website prior to the launch of the third Tranche at https://www.daera-ni.gov.uk/articles/farm-business-improvement-scheme or the Countryside Services Limited website at: www.countrysideservices.com
- Follow DAERA on Twitter and Facebook: https://twitter.com/daera_ni and www.facebook.com/daerani.gov.uk
- All media queries should be directed to the DAERA Press Office at: email@example.com
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hour’s service for media enquiries between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Draft Climate Change Bill moves to next stage 24 June 2021
- Poots welcomes strong uptake of offers under £15m FBIS-Capital Tier 1 tranche 3 23 June 2021
- Poots announces consultation on process for Review of Decisions Cases 23 June 2021
- CAFRE celebrates commitment to LEAF Marque accreditation 23 June 2021