Rural Affairs Minister Edwin Poots has called for the public to respond to his public consultation on Northern Ireland’s first ever Rural Policy Framework.
The framework’s aim will be to create a sustainable rural community where people want to live, work and be active. The framework is based around five areas: innovation, tourism, wellbeing, employment and connectivity and closes on 6 September.
Rural Affairs Minister Edwin Poots recently visited 160B Consulting Ltd an innovative rural engineering business outside Dungannon to highlight the business and employment aspect of the proposals. He said: “With the consultation now underway I want as many stakeholders and interested rural dwellers to come forward with their views and ideas.
“Previous rural investment schemes have created hundreds of jobs and made dreams come true for new business opportunities across Northern Ireland. 160B Consulting Ltd at the old brickworks in Dungannon is a fantastic example of this in action. The Rural Micro Business Growth Scheme funded high tech equipment which allowed this innovative rural engineering business to get off the ground.
He added: “This is exactly the kind of project a future programme being developed from the new rural policy framework should help. Such projects help create employment in the local community keeping young people in rural areas. I would encourage anyone who is interested to access one of my department’s webinars on the policy which are on weekly this summer- details on our website.”
The consultation will run through Citizen Space until 6 September 2021. You can find out details about the DAERA webinars and enrol at: https://www.daera-ni.gov.uk/consultations/rural-policy-framework-northern-ireland-consultation
Notes to editors:
1. Caption: Minister pictured at a recent visit to 160B Consulting Ltd at Old Brickworks, Dungannon.
2. All DAERA press queries should be directed to the DAERA Press Office
4. The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries only between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Habitat TDF Farms open for EFS scheme visits 04 August 2021
- Brucellosis compensation rates for August 2021 03 August 2021
- Prepare now for the re-opening of EFS Wider 03 August 2021
- CAFRE – the right place to study for a successful career in the Agri-food industry 02 August 2021